This recipe for Easy Mini Cheeseballs is a delicious bite-sized appetizer. Creamy, seasoned cheese rolled in chopped pecans and bacon!
EASY MINI CHEESEBALLS RECIPE
If there is one bite-sized appetizer or snack that everyone loves – it’s cheeseballs! These individual mini cheeseballs are always a huge favorite of ours. How can you go wrong with cheese wrapped in nuts and bacon then topped with a pretzel stick?
TIPS FOR MAKING CHEESEBALLS:
- The cream cheese needs to be totally softened to room temperature or it just won’t mix well and will have large lumps.
- Dried parsley can be substituted for the fresh chopped parsley.
- Don’t like pecans or pistachios? Just substitute for your favorite. Use all pecans if you prefer or all pistachios or even almonds or walnuts.
- Use any combination of cheeses you enjoy. I liked the monterey jack and cheddar blend.
- Be gentle pushing in the pretzel sticks or they’ll snap in half.
- This recipe can also be used to make one larger cheeseball.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
monterey jack/cheddar blend shredded cheese
finely chopped pecans
finely chopped pistachios
real bacon bits
HOW TO MAKE MINI CHEESEBALL BITES:
Combine the softened cream cheese, shredded cheese, mayonnaise, garlic powder, and onion powder in a large bowl and stir together until completely combined.Cover and chill for 15 minutes. In a smaller bowl, combine the chopped pecans, chopped pistachios, bacon bits, and parsley. Stir to combine.Once the cheese mixture has chilled, roll it into tablespoon-sized balls and then roll in the nut mixture to coat.Insert a pretzel stick into each mini cheese ball and then chill on a tray until ready to serve.
CRAVING MORE RECIPES? GIVE THESE A TRY!
THE BEST PINEAPPLE CHEESEBALL
ADORABLE PUMPKIN-SHAPED CHEESEBALL
CHRISTMAS TREE CHEESEBALL
CHRISTMAS TREE (AND WREATH) VEGGIE TRAYS
VEGGIE MINI CHEESE BALLS
CHEESEBURGER EGG ROLLS
SAUSAGE STUFFED CRESCENT RING
CREAM CHEESE SAUSAGE BALLS
CROCK POT GLAZED PARTY MEATBALLS
CHEESY BACON RANCH PULL-APART BREAD
PUFF PASTRY SAUSAGE ROLLS
CHEESY PIZZA SKILLET DIP
EASY MINI CHEESEBALLS APPETIZER
- 12 ounces cream cheese (1 1/2 blocks) softened to room temperature
- 1 cup shredded cheese, Monterey Jack/Cheddar Blend
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pistachios
- 1/4 cupp real bacon bits
- 2 tbsp roughly chopped parsley
- 20 pretzel sticks
- Combine the softened cream cheese, shredded cheese, mayonnaise, garlic powder, and onion powder in a large bowl and stir together until completely combined.
- Cover and chill for 15 minutes.
- In a smaller bowl, combine the chopped pecans, chopped pistachios, bacon bits, and parsley. Stir to combine.
- Once the cheese mixture has chilled, roll it into tablespoon-sized balls and then roll in the nut mixture to coat.
- Insert a pretzel stick into each mini cheese ball and then chill on a tray until ready to serve.