38th bake. 02/09/2021. 3rd durum CB: 70% WW +semolina +KABF
Submitted by idaveindy on February 10, 2021 – 10:10am.
Feb. 9 – 10, 2021.
This is my 3rd bake for the Durum Community Bake. Previous one is at: https://www.thefreshloaf.com/node/67323/37th-bake-02052021-78-ww-durum
Goals here are:
- Increase the soak,
- more fermentation (inoculation + time),
- use less WW durum as a percentage — it’s just too sticky!
- and use some semolina (gritty type, and low bran) to keep the % durum high.
- 69.5% WW durum flour, Sher Fiber Wala.
- 12.4% regular semolina, low/no bran, the normal gritty stuff.
- (81.9% total durum: WW Fiber Wala + semolina)
- 18.1% King Arthur bread flour.
- 72.7% hydration. (not counting chia add-in.)
- 5.84% pre-fermented flour.
- 3% dry whole chia seeds.
- 2 hours, 24 minutes soak.
- 5 hours, 16 minutes bulk ferment.
- 11 hours, 52 minutes final-proof in fridge.
- 55 minutes total bake. 30 min covered. 25 minutes uncovered.