Audrey Hunt, VRG Intern
cooking time: 40 minutes
- 1 onion
- 1 Tablespoon fresh ginger
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 13.6-ounce canned coconut milk
- 6 sweet potatoes
- 1 carrot
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 Tablespoon curry powder
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Chopped parsley for garnish
- Start to sauté the onion, ginger, and garlic in a medium saucepan in the vegetable oil over medium heat.
- In a large pot, add the vegetable stock, coconut milk, sweet potatoes, carrot, sautéed vegetables, salt, curry, cinnamon, and cumin.
- Wait to bring ingredients to a boil while on medium heat. (Takes around 30 minutes)
- Once the potatoes are soft, take the pot off the stove and purée the soup in a blender or you can use an immersion mixer.
- Let sit for around 5 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley and it’s ready to serve!