This Peanut Butter Chocolate Lava Cake is a dessert that will wow family and friends! With a moist chocolate cake outside that reveals a liquid chocolate peanut butter center, it’s a recipe that’s perfect for special occasions or any night after dinner.
I love recipes that are easy to put together and don’t take long to make, don’t you?
I am proud to be partnering with PB2 Organic Powdered Peanut Butter to bring you this easy, delicious dessert recipe. As always, all opinions are 100% my own.
This Lava Cake recipe is one of them.
Once you put your fork into this moist, chocolate cake, you’ll expose the sweet, soft peanut butter and chocolate hidden inside.
That peanut butter in the middle is truly the piece de resistance of this lava cake.
I made it with PB2 Crunchy Powdered Peanut Butter.
Made from freshly roasted peanuts, but with fewer calories and less fat than regular peanut butter, I know you’ll fall in love with it as much as I have.
SAVE THIS MOLTEN LAVA CAKE TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!
I’ve been using PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter for a while now in quite a few of my recipes.
I love how it’s so versatile.
It can be used so many different ways or just enjoyed on its’ own.
Of course you can make your favorite peanut butter and jelly sandwich with it, but you can also use it for other things, too.
Have that sandwich that you like so much for breakfast in this Peanut Butter and Jelly French Toast Casserole.
It’s a delicious breakfast that you assemble the night before and then pop it into the oven the next morning.
One of my favorite ways to make breakfast!
Chocolate crinkles are better when you add some PB2 to them.
And snacking is a whole lot better with these Peanut Butter Popcorn Balls.
They’re fun to make, but even more fun to eat, and you probably won’t be able to eat just one.
It’s also delicious when added to oatmeal, smoothies, and no bake desserts, too.
The peanut butter powder can be used in no bake recipes like my Chocolate Peanut Butter Dream Bars, fruit dip, this No-Bake Peanut Butter Pie, and energy bites,
Make it as directed and then enjoy it in crepes with a chocolate hazelnut spread. YUM!
Even your furry best friend will enjoy it when you make these peanut butter oatmeal dog biscuits.
Also, if you’re giving them pills for their daily medication, you can mix PB2 into the ground oats and water to make these pill pockets.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Lava Cakes
- (4) 6 oz. ramekins
- 2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 7 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 5 tablespoons PB2 Crunchy Powdered Peanut Butter
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons water
Peanut Butter Drizzle
- 3 tablespoons PB2 Crunchy Powdered Peanut Butter
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 ½ teaspoons water (enough to make a PB2 Crunchy Powdered Peanut Butter a drizzly consistency.)
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream
- chocolate sauce
- Preheat oven to 425°F, and spray (4) 6-oz ramekins by spraying them generously with cooking spray.
- In a medium microwavable bowl, melt the chocolate chips and butter in a microwave for 30 seconds. Stir, and repeat melting for 30 second increments until chips are completely melted and mixture is completely smooth when combined.
- Whisk in the flour and confectioners’ sugar, scraping down the sides of the bowl.
- Whisk in the eggs, egg yolks, and vanilla. Mix until completely combined and smooth. Batter will be somewhat thick.
- Fill each ramekin 2/3 full.
- Mix the peanut butter filling by whisking together the 5 tablespoons of PB2 Crunchy Powdered Peanut Butter with the 3 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons of water.
- Place one tablespoon of peanut butter on top of each ramekin. Evenly divide the remaining cake batter over the 4 ramekins to cover the peanut butter.
- Place the ramekins onto a baking sheet and place into the oven to bake for 11 minutes. When done, the edges will be firm and set while the middle will be slightly wiggly.
- Run a knife around the outer edges to loosen the cake from the sides and let sit for one minute. Place a ramekin onto an oven mitt (they will still be VERY hot!) and put a small serving plate on top of the ramekin. Invert the ramekin, and gently jiggle to release the cake onto the dish.
Peanut Butter Drizzle
- In a small bowl, mix the 3 tablespoons PB2 Crunchy Powdered Peanut Butter with 2 tablespoons water. Add an additional 1 ½ teaspoons water to form a drizzly consistency.
- Top each cake with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, if desired and using a spoon, drizzle with peanut butter sauce and chocolate sauce.