This Lemon Ricotta Pound Cake is an easy pound cake recipe made with ricotta cheese, flavored with lemon zest and fresh lemon juice. It’s delicious served on it’s own with a cup of tea or coffee or served for dessert with a dollop of fresh whipped cream.
Baking every day for 365 Days straight.
This post was originally published March 5, 2014, and has been update in format and with new pictures on February, 26, 2021.
Do you think you could do it? I think you could.
If you put your mind to it.
SAVE THIS EASY POUND CAKE RECIPE TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!
Looking back, I still can’t believe that’s how this whole thing started, but I’m so very grateful it did.
I’ve done so many wonderful things over the past 10 years, built incredible life-long friendships, traveled the world with my family, and have received an incredible amount of support from my followers.
I know I’m blessed and I do not take it for granted.
It really is a lot of fun making all of these different recipes, changing some of them around and coming up with my own.
I love food.
I think I’ve always loved food, but in the past few years, I’ve really come to love food!
Especially when those foods are desserts.
But, I love them even more when they’re lemon flavored!
I’ve got a bunch of them here on the blog, and of course, always working on more!
- you can enjoy this Lemon Curd so many different ways, including the with the crepes below.
- these Lemon Crepes are perfect for an Easter or Mother’s Day brunch.
- one of my favorites, Easy Lemon Bars.
- here is a whole collection of Out of This World Lemon Desserts.
- this No-Bake Lemon Cheesecake has been one of THE most popular recipes here on the blog.
- if you’re a lemon meringue lover, try these Lemon Meringue Rice Krispie Treats!
- and of course, there’s a Day 79 – Lemon Meringue Pie.
- I’ve made my grandmother-in-law’s Easy Lemon Cake.
- here’s a lemon bread with blueberries in it.
- there have to be cookies, right? But, of course!
These were even featured on ABC’s ‘The Chew’ a few years ago with Carla Hall, Clinton Kelly, and Michael Symon. They LOVED them! So you know they’ve got to be good!
- another cookie are these Lemon Sugar Snaps.
This recipe was gently adapted from a pound cake Giada had made on the Food Network.
SIGN UP FOR THE
365 DAYS OF BAKING & MORE
WEEKLY NEWSLETTER BELOW!
365 DAYS OF BAKING AND MORE FACEBOOK GROUP
TO RECEIVE ADVANCE NOTICE OF MY
LIVE FB VIDEOS, SHARE RECIPES AND MORE!
Lemon Pound Cake
This easy and delicious cake recipe will be even more incredible when you top it with this 3 Ingredient Strawberry Sauce!
AND if you find that you’re out of cake flour, you can make your own at home in a jiffy so you never have to make a last minute run to the store!
You’ll only need two ingredients that you probably already have on hand.
Lemon Ricotta Poundcake
- 9 X 5-inch loaf pan
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cups unsalted butter room temperature, plus more for the baking pan
- 1 1/2 cups part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 cups sugar plus one tablespoon
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- zest from one lemon
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare a 9 X 5-inch loaf pan by greasing it with butter.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and lemon zest.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter, ricotta cheese and sugar until light and fluffy (approximately 3 minutes).
- Add each of the eggs, one at a time, while the mixer is running and blend until incorporated.
- Mix in the vanilla and lemon juice.
- Gradually add the flour mixture and beat until just blended.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 45-50 minutes or until the sides begin to pull away from the pan and a toothpick or knife inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes before turning out of pan to cool on the wire rack completely.
- If desired, dust top with confectioners’ sugar.
I previously rated everything I baked on a scale of 1-4 with 4 being the best and this Lemon Ricotta Pound Cake earned 4 rolling pins.
It is very moist and lemony delicious! I really think you’ll like it.
Mr. 365 said it was the best thing he thinks I’ve EVER made.
Our oldest said, “Really Dad? Lately, you’ve been saying that about everything she’s made.” I think he’s lost his credibility. haha