Baileys Chocolate Cream Pie is an adult dessert made with an Oreo cookie crust that is filled with a chocolate cheesecake flavored with Baileys Irish Cream. If you love Baileys, be sure to try my Drunken Snowman cocktail for another fun and tasty adult treat.
Baileys Chocolate Cream Pie
This no-bake dessert will satisfy your sweet tooth, plus give you a little taste (and kick) of Baileys Irish Cream in every bite. It starts with the cookie crust and then the creamy chocolate cheesecake filling. Top it with homemade whipped topping.
Baileys Chocolate Cream Pie Ingredients
Oreo Cookies: For the crust, crush 24 Oreo cookies, including the filling. I like to use a food processor to get the finest crumb.
Butter: Make sure you have enough butter to hold the cookie crumbs together. If there are some dry cookie pieces, add a bit more melted butter.
Cream Cheese: It’s very important to make sure the cream cheese is at room temperature before using. This will give you a smooth and creamy consistency for the perfect cheesecake texture.
Baileys Irish Cream Liqueur: This is an alcoholic beverage made with cream, cocoa, and Irish whiskey. It is delicious on its own, over ice, in coffee, or, of course, in this dessert.
Whipped Topping: Whipped topping, like cool whip, is used to give the cheesecake a light and fluffy consistency, so be sure to fold it in gently in the last step. If you don’t have any on hand, make your own homemade whipped topping. It’s also used to top the dessert.
How to Make the Crust
Baileys Chocolate Cream Pie starts with the crust. I used Oreo cookies for this dessert. Melted butter and crushed Oreo cookies are the only two ingredients you need! Make sure you crush the cookies (cream filling and all) as best you can before adding the butter. I used a food processor to get very fine crumbs, but you could also put them in a zipped plastic bag and use a rolling pin to crush the cookies.
When mixing together the ingredients, use a fork to make sure every single cookie crumb is coated in the melted butter. The butter acts as the binding agent. When you see cheesecake recipes that have piles of crust left on the plate, it is usually because they were not coated with butter. Press the crust into the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-inch pie pan.
How to Make Baileys Chocolate Cream Pie
After the crust is in the pie pan, it’s time to make the creamy filling. First, beat the room temperature cream cheese until it is light and fluffy. Second, add in the confectioners’ sugar, Baileys Irish Cream, melted chocolate chips, cocoa powder, and salt. Beat until everything is combined.
Third, gently fold in the whipped topping, making sure you don’t overmix. Finally, pour the filling into the prepared pie crust and spread it out to form an even layer. Refrigerate the pie for at least 2 hours, up to 6 hours. The filling should be firm and cold before adding more whipped topping and serving. Store in the refrigerator for 4-5 days.
Can I Freeze No-Bake Cheesecakes?
Yes! Just like a baked cheesecake, this cheesecake freezes well. Without any toppings, wrap the cheesecake in plastic wrap. Then, wrap it up in aluminum foil. Label and date the cheesecake and store it in the freezer for up to 6 months. When ready to eat, take it out of the freezer, remove the aluminum foil (but leave it wrapped in plastic wrap), and let it thaw in the refrigerator or at room temperature.
Looking for More Adult Treats?
- 24 Oreo cookies, crushed
- ¼ cup (½ stick or 57g) unsalted butter, melted
- 16 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1⅓ cup (293g) confectioners’ sugar
- 3 tablespoons Baileys Irish cream, up to ¼ cup
- ¾ cup (127g) semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 2 cups (476g) whipped topping, plus more for garnish* (see notes)
- Add Oreo cookies to a food processor and crush until you have a fine crumb and very few larger pieces.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the crushed Oreo cookies and melted butter and stir until evenly distributed.
- Pour into a prepared 9-inch pie pan and firmly press to the edges and up the sides to form a pie crust.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until it is light and fluffy.
- Add in the confectioners’ sugar, Baileys Irish Cream, melted chocolate, cocoa powder, and salt. Beat until everything is combined.
- Gently fold in the whipped topping. Pour filling mixture into prepared pie crust, spreading it out to form an even layer.
- Refrigerate for 2-6 hours, or until filling is firm and cold. Top with additional whipped topping before cutting and serving.