Frozen Hot Chocolate is a blended iced drink made with milk chocolate, hot cocoa mix, sugar, and ice and is topped with whipped topping and chocolate syrup. Try my Hot Cocoa Recipe if you are craving a hot drink.
Frozen Hot Chocolate
This refreshing Frozen Hot Chocolate drink is the perfect answer when craving chocolate. I love to sip it as a dessert or mid-afternoon pick me up. It is made with homemade chocolate milk powder and topped with homemade whipped topping and chocolate syrup.
Frozen Hot Chocolate Ingredients
Chocolate: I used milk chocolate chips in this recipe. It has a lighter, sweeter flavor than semi-sweet chocolate.
Hot Cocoa Mix: You can use storebought cocoa mix, or make your own homemade chocolate milk powder to use!
Milk: Warm up the milk to about 110°F. The warm milk will help the chocolate not to seize.
How to Make Frozen Hot Chocolate
We are just getting out of the coldest months, but that doesn’t mean you have to give up hot chocolate! This frozen hot chocolate is the answer. To make it, first, melt the chocolate chips in a large microwave-safe bowl. Melt the chocolate in 20-second intervals, stirring after each interval, until smooth.
Next, add the hot cocoa mix, sugar, and warm milk to the melted chocolate. Stir everything together until combined. Once the ingredients are mixed, add the ice and chocolate mixture to a blender. Blend until smooth. Serve immediately, topped with whipped topping and chocolate syrup. Then, use a straw to sip this slushy, chocolate drink.
Why is it called Frozen Hot Chocolate?
How can something be hot and frozen at the same time? Well, this drink’s name is definitely an oxymoron. But, it makes sense when you break down the contents of the drink. Ice is blended with hot cocoa mix to get the name.
Looking for More Drink Recipes?
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon hot cocoa mix
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 cups whole milk, warm (approximately 110°F)
- 4 cups ice cubes
- whipped topping, for garnish
- chocolate syrup, for garnish
- In a large microwave-safe bowl add the chocolate chips. Heat in 20-second intervals, stirring after each interval, until melted and smooth.
- Add hot cocoa mix, sugar, and warm milk. Stir until combined.
- To a blender, add ice and pour in the chocolate mixture. Blend until smooth.
- Serve immediately, topped with whipped topping and chocolate syrup.