Chocolate Shortbread Cookies are a simple cookie recipe that has the best buttery texture! Shortbread is easy to make, and you can enjoy the cookies plain or dressing them up with chocolate and decorations. These are the perfect cookies for the holiday season because they keep well at room temperature and are freezer-friendly!
Table of Contents
- Why You’ll Love My Chocolate Shortbread Cookies
- Ingredients in Chocolate Shortbread
- How to Make Chocolate Shortbread Cookies
- Tip for Chilling Slice and Bake Cookies
- How to Dip Shortbread Cookies in Chocolate
- Make Shortbread Cookie Sandwiches
- Other Favorite Holiday Cookies
- Chocolate Shortbread Cookies Recipe
I love homemade shortbread! I love to make it, share it, and, of course, eat it myself because I cannot resist the melt-in-your-mouth texture. It’s perfection.
I also love shortbread cookies because they are endlessly adaptable. These chocolate shortbread cookies are one of my favorites. They’re so simple, but they have the most amazing chocolaty, buttery flavor. It’s hard to eat just one!
Why You’ll Love My Chocolate Shortbread Cookies
- This is an easy recipe! If you’ve never made shortbread from scratch, you will love it. They’re cocoa shortbread cookies, so there’s hardly any prep. Just measure your ingredients and mix.
- It’s a slice and bake shortbread recipe. No rolling pin or cookie cutters are required. But, of course, if you want to make cutout cookies, I am sharing tips so you can!
- I can eat these just as they are, but I love to make chocolate-dipped shortbread cookies for the holidays. So, be sure to check out all of my tips for dressing them up.
You’ll see – when you give this recipe a try. I think you’ll agree that it’s the best shortbread cookie recipe in the world.