Lemon Thumbprint Cookies are a shortbread thumbprint cookie recipe filled with lemon curd! The cookies are dainty and lemony with the extra bit of flavor from the poppyseeds, and then they’re filled with homemade lemon curd. These are easy, freezable, and perfect for the holidays…or anyone who loves lemon cookies!
Table of Contents
- Easy Cookie Recipes Everyone Loves
- Classic Thumbprint Cookies with Lemon Curd
- Lemon Poppyseed Thumbprint Cookies Recipe Video
- Ingredients in Shortbread Thumbprint Cookies
- How to make Lemon Shortbread Thumbprint Cookies
- How to Serve Lemon Jam Cookies
- How to Store Lemon Poppyseed Thumbprint Cookies
- FAQ about making Shortbread Thumbprint Cookies
- Other Favorite Crazy for Crust Recipes
- Lemon Poppyseed Thumbprint Cookies
Easy Cookie Recipes Everyone Loves
This simple thumbprint cookie is a sneak peek into my new cookbook, Crazy for Cookies, Brownies and Bars! This recipe is from the Stuffed & Sandwiched chapter, which is full of sandwich cookies, filled cookies and thumbprint cookie recipes!
The book has 85 easy recipes – every one with a photo! Most of the recipes have tips and they all have storing and freezing information so you can bake ahead for events and holidays. PLUS – bonus recipes for things like lemon curd to make these cookies!
Classic Thumbprint Cookies with Lemon Curd
These little bite size cookies are a classic shortbread thumbprint cookie filled with lemon curd. The cookie has lemon zest for some extra flavor, along with poppyseeds and is filled with the curd before baking.
Dust these with a little powdered sugar and you have the perfect dainty cookie recipe!