Seeded Rye Sourdough Loaf
Seeded Rye Sourdough Loaf.. Been a while since I post from here so much to catch up…
Day 1 – Pre-ferment
-50g active rye starter 100% hydration
-100g Whole Rye flour
-120g cold water 5-7c deg
-100g Pepitas,Sunflower and sesame seeds +
– Boiling water
-Pre-ferment as above
-25g Whole Rye flour
-50g Whole Wheat Flour
-175g Bread Flour
-7g fine sea salt
-30g molasses (black treacle)
-150g Warm Water
– Mix flour, water and starter with cold water and leave for 12-14 hours
– Add boiling water to your mixed seeds, soaked for 30 minutes then drain.
– Prepare your tin, Put oil in your tin and baking paper. 24x14x8 cm
– In a seperate bowl add all ingredients and mix well, rest for 1 hour
– Pour mixture to your prepared tin and add a hand full of seeds the press it down.
– Leave to proof for 2-3 hours until volume has increased.
– Halfway thru your proofing pre-heat oven to 250c Deg and bake for 20 minutes and 40 minutes at 180c deg