These easy Dark Chocolate Truffles will easily satisfy any chocolate craving and are so very easy to make, too. Using Hershey’s Zero Sugar Special Dark Chocolate Candy, heavy cream, and vanilla, these little balls of deliciousness are rolled in Hershey’s Cocoa, coconut, finely chopped almonds and non pareils to finish them off. They’re the perfect bite for dessert, snacking, and gift giving!
Are you a chocolate lover as much as I am?
I am proud to be partnering with HERSHEY’S to bring you this sponsored post. As always, all opinions are 100% my own.
Chocolate has always been one of my most favorite things to eat.
Many times, I’ll pick up a HERSHEY’S Chocolate Bar with Almonds when I’m grocery shopping.
As I type this, I have a bag of HERSHEY’S Milk Chocolate Snack Size in my freezer for a recipe I’m thinking about.
SAVE THIS EASY CHOCOLATE TRUFFLES RECIPE TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!
Now you and I can enjoy all of our favorite Hershey’s candies without the sugar.
Yup, you heard me right!
Thanks to Hershey’s Zero Sugar.
This full line of delicious Zero Sugar products means that we can still eat their great chocolate and candy we grew up with.
So, whether you’re cutting back on sugar for dietary reasons or other reasons, you can still have delicious chocolate without the sugar.
Eat these tasty treats anytime you have a chocolate craving, as a snack, and you can use them to make delicious recipes as I did!
You can find HERSHEY’S Zero Sugar Special Dark Chocolate Candy and other Zero Sugar items as well as more products here at Hershey’s website.
Ok, but before we go any further, I have a confession.
I have never been a chocolate truffle lover.
If they’re on holiday cookie trays, I won’t touch them.
I won’t buy them at the store.
There’s just TOO much chocolate and they’re too doggone sweet for me.
So, when I came up with this recipe I was like, “I’ll make them, but I’m sure I’m not going to like them.”
I. Can. Eat. These!!
AND they aren’t too sweet!!
I think you’ll like them, too.
What is a chocolate truffle candy?
A chocolate truffle is called such in that it resembles a truffle mushroom in its’ color and shape.
It is made with a chocolate ganache typically made from high-quality 60% chocolate and heavy cream.
A truffle can be coated with chocolate, cocoa, sprinkles, nuts, coconut, etc., and can be flavored with different extracts as well.
What ingredients do I need for truffles made of dark chocolate?
- one 5.1 ounce bag of HERSHEY’S Zero Sugar Special Dark Chocolate Candy
- heavy cream
- pure vanilla extract
feel free to flavor them and substitute the vanilla for another extract such as:
almond, peppermint, orange, or raspberry.
- a variety of coatings
Ideas for Truffle Coatings
- HERSHEY’S Cocoa (also sugar free!)
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped nuts
almonds, pecans, peanuts, walnuts
- chopped coconut flakes
- colored non pareils and sprinkles
- colored sugars
How to make chocolate truffles
- Chop the HERSHEY’S Zero Sugar Dark Chocolate Candy bars into small pieces and put into a medium microwavable mixing bowl.
- In a glass measuring cup, microwave the heavy cream until hot for about 30-45 seconds.
Pour over the chocolate and let sit for 5 minutes to melt.
Mix well until smooth and shiny.
- Add the vanilla and mix well.
- Pour contents into an 8 X 8-inch baking pan and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop the chocolate and roll into balls.
- Place onto a plate and refrigerate truffles for 30 minutes.
- Roll each truffle in the coatings of your choice – HERSHEY’S Cocoa, almonds, coconut, or non pareils.
Tips for the best chocolate truffle
- The ganache may appear very liquidy when you begin to mix the chocolate and cream together, but don’t panic.
The more you mix, the thicker it will become.
- If there are some pieces of chocolate that haven’t melted, place bowl into the microwave for increments of 5-10 seconds, mixing after each until smooth.
- Using an 8 X 8 or 9 X 9-inch baking pan and spreading the ganache into the bottom of it will speed up the chilling process instead of having to wait a couple hours.
- I highly recommend wearing rubber gloves to form the truffles.
They will help prevent the heat of your hands from melting the chocolate as you roll it.
They’ll also keep your hands clean.
- Depending upon the temperature and humidity of your home, it is best to keep the truffles refrigerated until ready to serve.
Dark Chocolate Truffles
- 8 X 8-inch baking pan
- glass liquid measuring cup
- rubber gloves
- 5.1 ounces HERSHEY’S Zero Sugar Special Dark Chocolate Candy
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons HERSHEY’S Cocoa
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped sliced almonds
- 2 teaspoons chopped sweetened coconut flakes
- 2 teaspoons colored non pareils
- Unwrap the HERSHEY’S Zero Sugar Dark Chocolate Candy bars and chop into small pieces. Place into a medium microwavable mixing bowl.
- Pour the heavy cream into a glass measuring cup and microwave for 30-45 seconds until hot but not boiling. Pour over the chocolate and let sit for 5 minutes. to melt. Mix well until smooth and shiny. Chocolate may appear very liquidy, but the more you mix, the thicker it will become. If there are some pieces of chocolate that haven’t melted, place bowl into the microwave for increments of 5-10 seconds, mixing after each until smooth.
- Add the vanilla and mix well.
- Pour contents into an 8 X 8-inch baking pan and spread. Place into the refrigerator to set for at least 30 minutes.
- Using rubber gloves and a tablespoon, roll the chocolate into a ball and place onto a plate.
- Refrigerate truffles for 30 minutes.
- Roll each truffle in the coatings of your choice – HERSHEY’S Cocoa, almonds, coconut, or non pareils. Depending upon the temperature and humidity of your home, I highly recommend keeping the truffles refrigerated until ready to serve.
More delicious recipes using Hershey’s products
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Rice Krispies Treats
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
- Mini Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecakes
- Frosted Peanut Butter Cookie Cups
- Peppermint Blossom Cookies
- Double Chocolate Peppermint Kisses
- S’Mores Rice Krispie Treats
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Pie
- Banana Peanut Butter Chip Pancakes
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies